Step is the longest established scheme of its type and is regarded an example of excellence and good practice in the field of work experience and employability. Since 1986 Step has placed over 20,000 interns in all industry sectors and from all subject disciplines. It continues to stand for fairness, equality of opportunity and value for both interns and employers.
Set up to fill a gap for graduates to get experience in quality paid positions, the programme provides structured opportunities where interns gain skills and contacts to benefit their future career. They also get an insight into a particular industry or sector. The programme has now expanded to offer summer internships too, offering valuable work experience to students during
What STEP offers
- Practical graduate level work experience
- Enhancing your CV
- All internships are paid and not subject to tax or national insurance
- Advice and support provided throughout the placement to make the most of the experience
- Potential for permanent job
What Step interns say about the scheme
'The time spent with the company was very beneficial. I would recommend it to anyone.'
'It was a great experience and helped increase the look on my CV with a great reference.'
'My Step Internship was a perfect first step into full time employment.'
Register now for targeted emails about internship opportunities.
Current opportunities STEP internships
Make the most of whatever type of job experience you try by:
- Put university and life skills into practice
- Gain experience in the workplace
- Develop technical and general employability skills
- Enhance employment prospects